Monday, April 13, 2009

Well a lot has happened since the last update, the car is finally taking shape, Marc my son and I fitted the floor panels with silicone and rivets, thanks to my colleague Darryll we have the use of a pneumatic rivet gun, works like a dream. I then fitted the side panels with the help of my lovely wife Lynn and a tip here is to use Rachet type tie downs that work very well in pulling the front section of the panel into shape, see photo, Then i fitted the rear inner panel, bit of a bugger to get that one in had to trim it slightly. Following that I fitted the Tank and the rear Fibreglass panel.

Tiger wheel and tyre were kind enough to lend me a 15 inch mag wheel c/w tyre to see fitting of the rear fenders, As you can see from the photos the front suspension is done on the right side need to do the left still. just a another tip here remember the Right Rear hub wheel nut is right hand thread and the front one on the right side of the car is left hand thread. more photos to follow.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Hi all, Sunday the 8th and the frame is coming on, Re-Tapped all the 8mm holes on the chassis to clean them out, did the drawing for the new Roll bar using my old bike stand as a profile going to fit two S/steel loops onto a 12mm s/steel plate can see profile on the photo, fitted one rear wheel bearing, had to make a dolley to press the bearing in.Glad to have a Lathe in the garage very handy! The rear hubs have gone for machining 41mm down to 39mm to suit the new VW bearings.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Monday, February 23, 2009

Frame arrives

Hi All, the chassis has finally arrived and thanks to Harry and Marc is now safely in the garage on the stands. we measured up all the bolt sizes required to fit the rear and front suspension along with the Bearing sizes. I also cleaned up the front brake calipers stripped them and now ready for painting ( red) The weekend we will hopefully be able to assemble the front and rear suspension.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Start of the Locost 7 Project

Well the Locost ( Lotus 7 ) project has finally started, cleaned all the components from the Donar car - Diff - Hubs - uprights - side shafts - and calipers, Gearbox to go to Trans Axle for refurb,